Chautauqua Institution’s Mission and Vision
Our talent community is invited to experience our mission, which is dedicated to the exploration of the best in human values and enrichment in life through a program that explores the important religious, social, and political issues of our times; stimulates provocative, thoughtful involvement of individuals and families in creative response to such issues; and promotes excellence and creativity in the appreciation, performance, and teaching of the arts.
The Institution aspires to create an informed, engaged, and renewed public that fosters and actively contributes to a more civil society, nationally and within the various communities represented by its individual constituents and partners. We are committed to creating the conditions in which everyone feels that they can engage as full and valued participants as part of the Chautauqua experience.
Discovering Your Chautauqua Experience
There are countless ways that our talent will engage with our mission, vision and diverse communities, and you are invited to immerse yourself in our programming as a gateway to this experience.
Employees (available to work for at least 20 hours/week) will receive the Traditional Chautauqua Gate Pass, which provides access to all Amphitheater programs except popular entertainment (up to two nights per week) and lawn seating for all performing arts events at the Pratt Avenue performance pavilion (a new, temporary venue for 2021). Designated popular entertainment events in the Amphitheater will require a separate ticket purchase, if tickets are available.
In addition to a Traditional Gate Pass, employees, and their families, will receive full access to our current and historical programs online at CHQ Assembly.
Career & Seasonal Opportunities
Chautauqua Institution has opportunities available for both career and seasonal employment. The Summer Assembly is scheduled to begin Saturday, June 26, and conclude on Sunday, Aug. 29, 2021. Seasonal employment may be available earlier (pre-season) and beyond the season (post-season) depending on the position of interest.
Join Our Talent Community
Applying for an Opportunity
- Follow the link (above) to Search Opportunities by job, location, category, or schedule. Career positions are highlighted as Featured Opportunities.
- Review Job Details and click Apply Now on any opportunity.
- Create a new account or log in to an existing account.
- Important for Rehires: All returning employees must create a new account (2021). Human Resources has partnered with a new software solution for recruitment and onboarding.
- Upload a resume and populate your candidate presence with work experience, education, skills, behaviors, and motivations for candidate matching.
- Apply for opportunities. You will receive an email confirming receipt of your application.
- Login (email/password) frequently for updates on the status of each application.
- Don’t remember your password? Click to reset your password.
- Have a question? Contact the Talent Management Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Obtaining a Work Permit for Minors
Minors, under the age of 18, must have an original and unexpired work permit for New York State. For more information and to obtain the required forms, please click here.
More Information on the Hiring Process
Hiring processes are variable by position and department. If you are qualified for an opportunity, you will be contacted by a member of the Talent Management Team at Chautauqua Institution. This process typically starts with outreach to qualified candidates for an initial phone screening and, for candidates who are selected to advance, an in-person or virtual interview with a hiring manager or managers.
We hire thousands of employees who are passionate about our mission for dynamic career (and seasonal) employment opportunities — as such, you may not be contacted for your “first choice” position. The Talent Management Team may forward your application to a hiring manager(s) in consideration for other positions for which you are most qualified.
If you are selected for employment, you will be directed to complete an offer letter and an onboarding process using the same login (email/password) that you used to complete your application at chq.org/employment. Please retain this information for easy access in the future.