The Smith Memorial Library
- Capacity is limited, face coverings are required and social distancing rules apply.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Computers and office services are available on a limited basis.
- Newspapers are currently unavailable; magazines may be checked out by request.
- In-person programs, meetings and food and beverage sharing are not permitted.
- Remote services continue at smithlibrary.com, email@example.com or 716.357.6296.
Monday: 12 p.m.–6 p.m.
Wednesday: 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
Friday: 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m.–3 p.m.
Closed Tuesdays, Thursdays, Sundays, Presidents Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day
About The Smith
The Smith Memorial Library of Chautauqua Institution anchors the southern end of Bestor Plaza.
A member of the Chautauqua-Cattaragus Library System, The Smith offers year round services to the community:
- Broad collection of circulating and archival materials
- Access to ebooks and digital audio through your mobile device
- InterLibrary Loan services, reference assistance, and basic tech help
- WiFi, laptop workstations, and public desktop computers
- Copy, print, scan & fax service
To enrich the lives of the greater CHQ community by providing access to materials in a variety of formats, as well as other appropriate library services, for the purposes of education, intellectual stimulation, and pleasure; and to do so within the framework of the accepted principles of the library profession.