Resident Guest Pass Program
The Resident Guest Pass (RGP) program provides Chautauqua Institution residents with a long-term gate pass to host guest(s) at their residence. The pass is valid for a maximum of eight hours. This pass does not allow access to Amphitheater events or other events where a full-price gate pass is required. Up to six RGPs can be purchased per day per qualifying resident.
Who can purchase a RGP?
Property owners, renters, students residing on the grounds who have a long-term gate pass (referred to as “host”). A long-term pass is defined as at least 24 hours. The RGP must be purchased and used within the host’s gate pass period. Up to six RGPs can be purchased per day by a host.
RGPs can be purchased for use following this schedule:
|Day of the Week||Can start at*:||Expires at*:||Can Overnight Gate Pass* be purchased?|
|Monday–Thursday||11:30 a.m.||Midnight||Yes, if purchasing 4 p.m.–midnight RGP|
|Friday||11:30 a.m.||Midnight||Yes, if purchasing 4 p.m.–midnight RGP|
|Saturday||8 a.m.||Midnight||Yes, if purchasing 4 p.m.–midnight RGP|
**Overnight Gate Pass is $10 and is valid from 10 p.m. to 10 a.m. the next day.
How to purchase an RGP:
The host brings their gate pass to the Will Call window and it is scanned as part of the transaction. The RGP pass can be purchased in advance or as late as when the guest arrives. The host cannot take the RGP; it is kept at the Main Gate Ticket Office for pickup by the guest. The RGP can be purchased during regular business hours. Information about guest that is required for the RGP is: First and Last Name, Email Address, Phone Number (mobile if possible)
- Main Gate Welcome Center Will Call Window (8 a.m.–10 p.m.)
- Visitors Center Ticket Window (Sunday–Friday 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.) – Passes purchased here will be delivered to the Main Gate Will Call Window at day’s end and cannot be purchased for same-day arrival.
The dates, times and names on the RGP cannot be altered once purchased. RGPs are non-refundable and non-exchangeable. Guests who do not have an RGP must purchase a full-price gate pass to enter the grounds.
The guest comes to the Main Gate Will Call Window. Photo ID is required and the name on the RGP must match the name on the photo ID.
Other things you should know:
- A person cannot be issued a RGP two days in a row.
- RGPs cannot be combined with any other pass unless noted in the chart above.
- If the RGP guest leaves after the expiration of the pass, a regular gate pass must be purchased to cover any overage.
- Long-term gate pass holders who do not reside on the grounds may not purchase resident guest passes.
- Abuse of the RGP policy constitutes loss of program privileges for the purchaser.
- Parking in Main Lot is $10 if purchased in advance; on most popular entertainment nights it is $15 starting at 4 p.m.
By purchasing a Resident Guest Pass, the purchaser agrees to abide by the Resident Guest Pass Program policy. Resident Guest Pass scan data is closely monitored daily to assure compliance.
On sale date: Monday prior to the first day of the nine-week summer assembly season.