Vacation Safely at Chautauqua
Our planning for the 2022 Summer Assembly is well underway. While we expect there will be some continuing requirements for proof of vaccination to attend events in our venues and to participate in particular programs, it is too early to confirm those plans at this time. Here is what we know for sure:
- Community health and safety will remain our No. 1 priority. This served us well in 2020 and 2021, and it will continue to be our north star.
- We will not require proof of COVID-19 vaccination to enter Chautauqua’s grounds, but we will likely require proof of vaccination to enter our venues — or, in limited instances, proof of vaccination or recent negative COVID-19 test.
- All full-time and year-round Chautauqua Institution staff are required to be fully vaccinated by Jan. 31, 2022, with a few granted religious or medical exemptions. Staff who received exemptions have little to no public interface, and when reporting to the worksite will test regularly and will follow strict masking protocols. Seasonal staff will be required to comply with Chautauqua Institution’s Mandatory Vaccination Policy requiring all employees to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon hire or be approved for a medical or religious exemption before physically starting work.
- Sales of gate passes and single tickets begin March 15, 2022. Pre-sale periods for Chautauqua property owners and other selected groups begin Feb. 22. Pricing will be published at tickets.chq.org by Jan. 14, 2022.
- All ticket sales from February 22–May 3 will be via phone (716-357-6250) or in person at the Main Gate Welcome Center Ticket Office only. Online ticket sales will begin May 3.
We look forward to welcoming you to Chautauqua in 2022!