Grounds Access and Operations
Public docks will be removed on September 20, 2021. Please have all boats and lifts removed by then.
Fall, Winter and Spring 2021–22
- All drive-in gates are open from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily, no passes required
- During secure overnight hours (6 p.m. to 6 a.m.), all gates close except the Main Gate Auto Hut. Guests must check in with the Main Gate Auto Hut staff during these hours. Entry for Chautauqua property owners can be expedited by displaying a Property Owner Vehicle Registration Sticker.
To arrange for a Property Owner Vehicle Registration Sticker:
- Call or visit Chautauqua Police Department at 716-357-6225
- Pick up a sticker request form at the Main Gate Auto Hut
- Once approved, the sticker can be picked up in person at the Chautauqua Police Department
Outside of our Summer Assembly, visitors may drive their vehicles onto the grounds. Short-term parking is available in the area surrounding Bestor Plaza. Please remember when parking your vehicle that all roadways must remain passable at all times. Due to construction activity, vehicle movement around the grounds should be kept to a minimum.
See our listing of on-grounds amenities at this link. We recommend checking websites or Facebook pages, or calling ahead, to confirm business hours.
Chautauqua offers eight Har-Tru tennis courts at the Turner Community Center recreation campus. Two courts are illuminated for night play. Private and group lessons, tournaments, clinics, junior development programs and special events are offered. During Chautauqua’s summer season, membership registrations will only take place at the tennis courts. A Grounds Access Pass is required for any guests using the tennis courts.
Honoring a golfing tradition since 1896 the Chautauqua Golf Club presents quality, professional service and the challenge of 36 championship holes. Both the Lake and the Hill Course have received four-star ratings from Golf Digest magazine. Club membership includes greens fees and use of the Learning Center — a complete teaching and practice facility.
Golf Learning Center
A complete teaching and practice facility with unlimited range balls. Learning Center membership may be purchased on its own, and is included with Chautauqua Golf Club membership.
Boat Mooring & Registration
Public docks will be removed on September 20, 2021. Please call our operations office with any questions or concerns about Institution docks.