Annual Piano Competition
Competition Repertoire *
Preliminary Round: 13-15 minutes; free choice of repertoire representing at least two clearly contrasting style periods.
Final Round: 20-25 minutes; free choice of repertoire representing at least two clearly contrasting style periods. Repertoire may be repeated from the Preliminary Round.
* Please note:
- Solo piano music only; transcriptions are acceptable.
- Excerpted complete movements from multi-movement works are acceptable.
- All traditional repertoire must be performed from memory. Works written post-1960 may be performed with score at the discretion of the faculty.
- Returning students may not use repertoire they have previously performed in this competition.
- Previous first-place winners may not compete.
Chautauqua Festival Schools of Performing and Visual Arts
P.O. Box 1098
1 Ames Ave.
Chautauqua, NY 14722